Opened on 1st July 1941
as a storage site for No 39 MU, storing Spitfires, mostly.
Known as No 2 Satellite
Landing Ground (SLG)
Used in conjuuction with
an Emergency Landing Ground at Slade Farm and a Relief Landing
Ground at Glympton, which was otherwise known as No 1 SLG
Was briefly assigned to
No 33 MU in 1941, but reverted back to No 39 MU until the end
of the war.
Closed in September 1945