Ministry of Aircraft Production Site, also known as 'Crazies Farm' forms at Upper Culham Farm.
Spitfires assembled here from parts brought from Reading area workshops.
Originally an RLG for Tiger Moth trainers based at White Waltham.
18 Aug 1944, 529 Sqn (formed from No 1448 Rota Calibration Flt) arrives with Rota II's
529 Sqn is the first and only RAF Autogyro Sqn.
During the war, No.529 Sqn carries out almost all ground radar calibration in the country
Oxford's arrive in Aug 44
Apr 45 sees arrival of Hoverfly Mk1's (first helicopter to enter service with the RAF)
In May 1945 the RAF's first helicopter squadron was formed here.
529 Sqn disbands 20 Oct 45.
Helicopter flying continues at the RAF Helicopter Training School at Andover with ex 529 Sqn pilots.