Declared operational July
1942, with Mk 1 & 4 Blenheims.
Classed as a satellite
for Bicester, but as it has concrete runways and Drem lighting
is used to train pilots for 2 Group Bomber Cmmd.
Blenheims withdrawn in
August 1942 from Bomber Cmmd Ops, but continue in use with 307
Ferry Trg Unit.
13 OTU train pilots from
January 1944, using Mosquito's.
Operations cease in July
1945, and post war airfield becomes storage area for surplus